Fashionistas will be out in full force this Thursday night, as Toronto retailers partake in an international celebration of all things fashion.
Fashion’s Night Out is coming to the streets of Toronto for the first time this year.
The international event launched in New York in 2009 as a collaboration between American Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, NYC & Company and the City of New York. It now brings together shoppers, retailers, designers, celebrities and media at swanky parties and shopping events in 18 countries around the world.
In Toronto, the celebration will be permeating all corners of the city’s retail scene. Here are some events to check out:
- The Toronto Eaton Centre is extending mall hours, remaining open until 11 pm, and will host a public fashion show at 7:30 pm in Centre Court. Check it out to see the latest fashions from Stuart Weitzman, Juicy Couture and GAP.
- Many retailers at Yorkdale Shopping Centre will also stay open until 11 pm, and while they’re there, shoppers can also enjoy presentations on beauty trends, fall and winter fashions and personal style tips.
- Holt Renfrew’s ‘Hot in the City’ street party kicks off in front of the chain’s Bloor Street store at 7 pm, and runs until 10 pm. But the celebration needn’t stop there – the store will stay open until 11 pm.
- Nearby in Yorkville, there will be plenty of sales and swanky shopping events. Cumberland will transform into a runway featuring trendy looks from New York fashion week, compliments of Aveda Canada, and MasterCard’s Stylicity Lounge at Hazelton Lanes will feature complimentary styling and make-up applications, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres until 11 pm.
- Queen Street West will also be buzzing, with celebrations and special offers at retailers such as Rue Pigalle and Preloved.
Check out the full list of participants here.