It’s been a busy fall for Toronto’s retail scene, with plenty of new stores opening in and around the GTA. In case you haven’t been able to keep up, here’s a roundup of some of the newest shopping destinations around the city.
- Joe Fresh celebrated the opening of its newest domestic standalone store in October, located on Queen Street West near Portland St. in Toronto. Fans of the fashion line owned by Loblaw Companies Ltd. are thrilled with the new boutique, which is the most accessible Joe Fresh location for most downtown dwellers.
- Also new to Queen Street West is a Ben Sherman boutique. It’s the first free-standing store in Canada for the British-based men’s line. Known for quality button-down shirts, the label also carries pants, outerwear, shoes and accessories.
- Men’s and women’s apparel chain RW&CO. has opened a new store in Oakville Place. The chain, owned by Reitmans Canada Ltd., now operates 67 stores across Canada that target men and women between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Edmonton-based The Running Room has added two new locations to the GTA: one at Dundas and highway 403 in Oakville; and one at the Bramalea City Centre in Brampton. The chain, which specializes in shoes, apparel and accessories for runners, now has more than 110 locations – and doesn’t appear likely to run out of steam anytime soon.
That’s not all. As the weeks go by and the temperature continues to drop, more stores are set to open around the city. Here’s a couple to watch for.
- The GTA’s newest Victoria’s Secret store is set to open this Thursday at Scarborough Town Centre. To celebrate the new location, shoppers who spend $75 or more will receive a tote bag filled with goodies. And, shoppers wanting to get in touch with their inner angel can have their photo taken at the mall’s centre court on Thursday and Friday.
- Later in the month, a new Danier store will open in Square One Shopping Centre in Mississauga. Specializing in leather apparel and accessories, the chain has more than 90 locations across the country – and the newest one will arrive just in time for the chilliest time of year, when many GTA shoppers will no doubt be in the market for a new jacket.