Toronto’s design district is growing, with the addition of another trendy furniture boutique.
Fiber Living is the newest retailer in the area, located on Berkeley Street near King and Parliament. It’s the second boutique for Fiber; the other is in Haliburton, Ont.
Fiber carries a selection of indoor and outdoor furniture, lighting, fireplaces and rugs at mid-level prices.
With collections that are modern and trendy, the shop targets “design-savvy, young professionals,” according to the shop’s co-owner Ion Nicolae.
But practicality and quality are also top of mind for the owners when they’re selecting merchandise. For instance, the outdoor furniture in Fiber Living’s house line, called Viva Designs, is made from material that is smudge-proof and virtually immune to fading, UV rays and harsh weather conditions.
Other brands available at Fiber Living include:
- Slide Design – lighting fixtures from Italy
- EcoSmart Fire – eco-friendly fireplaces from Australia
- Magnificô Innovation – custom-designed fireplaces for outdoor environments from Montreal
- Gian Rocco – artistic faux plants from Asia
- Capel Rugs – a wide range of rugs from the U.S.
- Fatboy Canada – beanbag chairs, hammocks and parasols from the Netherlands
The new boutique is housed in a newly renovated 3,000-square-foot space that was formerly an auto-repair garage. The modern, urban shop will be available for rental for private events.
I bet the new shop will adapt well to the King St. East neighbourhood, which has become a destination for Torontonians’ furniture shopping needs.