Garage sale season is well underway, and in an effort to get in on the action, jewellery retailer Made You Look has launched an outdoor sale of its own.
The brand new Vendors Market, which launched June 4th, will operate each Saturday throughout the summer next to Made You Look Accessories in the Parkdale neighbourhood.
A joint venture with other businesses and residents in the area, the market will feature discounted handmade jewellery from some of Made You Look’s 100-plus designers, along with a wide variety of other local products and services.
The idea is to bring local businesses together and to showcase what Parkdale has to offer, says Sarah Hamel, founder of Made You Look.
Other vendors participating in the market include:
- ShopGirls Gallery Boutique, offering Yoga Jeans demonstrations
- The Well of Alternative Medicine, offering $1-per-minute massages
- The Rustic Cosmo, selling homemade jam
- Parkdale Prana Room, selling iced tea and offering free tarot card readings
- Café Taste, offering cheese samples from local producers
- Fringe Salon, offering discount coupons on hairstyles
- Mangez, offering free samples of handmade treats
In addition, local residents will collaborate to sell second-hand clothing, vintage clothing, handmade cards and other repurposed finds.
The market will operate rain or shine, as it’s protected by large tents.
The Vendors Market presents a great opportunity to check out the various retail offerings of the trendy Parkdale neighbourhood. So instead of garage-sale-hopping this summer, swing by this one-stop-shop for all of your bargain-hunting needs.